TCPL only accepts materials that can be resold or used in our collection. Donated items must meet the following criteria:
- We only accept donations during library hours. Please do not leave donations outside or in the entrance. Bring them to the front desk and notify us.
- Material must be in very good condition and preferably less than 5 years old.
- Only English, French, or Cree books, CDs and DVDs are accepted. For books, popular fiction or non-fiction in hardcover, mass market and trade paperback are preferable.
- Any other material, including old magazines, computer books older than 5 years, textbooks and encyclopedias, will not be accepted by staff.
Please note that we do not issue tax receipts for material donations.
Please note that items should be in good condition and of current interest.
- Moldy, yellowed or marked material
- Audio cassettes
- Video cassettes (Videotapes and VHS)
All donations become the property of the Teck Centennial Public Library. The library reserves the right to decide how the donations they receive are used. Material that is not used to enhance our collection will be sold for the benefit of the library.