Get a Library Card
- All citizens of the Township of Teck (Kirkland Lake) are entitled and encouraged to have a library card.
- Library membership is free to residents of Kirkland Lake, Chaput Hughes, Swastika, Harvey Kirkland, Goodfish, and Nettie Lake.
- Students possessing an active student card from Northern College are entitled to a library card free of charge.
- Outside of the Kirkland Lake area, non-resident cards are available at $6.00 for a month, $34.00 for six months or $68.00 for a year. A valid library card is required to borrow library materials.
- When registering for a library card, cardholders agree to follow all rules and regulations of the Teck Centennial Public Library.
- Library cards at the Teck Centennial Library are free to all residents of Kirkland Lake, i.e., those who pay taxes to the Township of Teck.
- Residents who live outside of the Township of Teck may purchase a library card for the following terms: one month – $6.00, six months – $34.00, one year – $68.00.
- Valid identification is required to apply for or to renew a Teck Centennial Public Library membership. Valid identification must be presented at the branch during the application process or at the request of TCPL staff for card renewal.
- Acceptable forms of identification are listed in Table 1 below. We require either a single piece of Type 1 identification or a combination of one Type 2 identification and one Type 3 identification.
- All identification must be current (i.e., not expired). Type 3 documents must be dated and issued within the last 2 months.
- A parent or guardian is required to provide valid identification for children under the age of 13 who wish to obtain a membership.
If you are a visitor to Kirkland Lake, please bring a piece of identification to obtain a temporary card that will allow you access to our services for 4 months.
- Visitor membership shall be available for a period of 4 months to temporary residents (e.g. those staying in summer cottages, campers, etc.) for a fee of $25-30, this deposit will be held by the library upon issuing a temporary card.
- If all library materials are returned prior to or on the expiry date of the card, the deposit will be refunded.
Online Library Card
If you are interested in applying for a library card and are a resident of Kirkland Lake you can do so online. We will contact you with further questions and to notify you of the status of your application.
Please fill out the form below and click submit to apply.